25 Sep Some Very Riveting Facts About Casinos And Gambling
Gambling and casinos have been around for such a long time, and there is a lot of hype and so much talk about it, both in real life and on the internet as well. Countless people who turn 21 years of age always dream of going to Las Vegas and they dream of trying their luck at some of the best casinos in that city. Casino gambling is definitely a lot of fun, and you should try it. In this guide, I am going to be including some very riveting facts about casinos and gambling. I am sure you will be glad that you are reading it, before entering the casino.
- The very famous actor Ben Affleck actually got into a lot of trouble in the Hard Rock Cafe casino in Las Vegas song when he was caught counting cards. He was banned from the casino later on which means that he is not allowed to step foot into that casino ever again. Counting cards is not illegal, but it is frowned upon by most of the casinos in Las Vegas, and almost every single casino prohibits you from doing so.
- There was once a billionaire named Howard Hughes who purchased a small casino named Silver Slipper so that he can reposition the trademark neon sign of the casino. He said that it was visible directly from his bedroom window and that it was disturbing him. Billionaires do the weirdest things for the weirdest reasons.
- The FBI once encountered a very sophisticated bomb, and it completely destroyed a casino in the beautiful Lake Tahoe in the year 1980. This device actually included 28 toggles with switches as well. It even had a float switch and some tilt sensors. The FBI had never encountered a bomb like this before.
- The very famous sky beam in Las Vegas that shoots out of the casino has been into the famous for attracting a lot of insects that have established a completely new ecosystem of owls, bats and moths. These animals go there, because it is brighv t and warm.
- The MGM Grand casino in Las Vegas had one of the worst financial weeks ever, when they hosted a convention for physicists and all kinds of scientists.
- There are a lot of skilled bass games in a casino, and they were started by young people, because they started getting bored of the games that depend on chance. The luck-based games were really good, but they needed something more.
- Casinos have been very famous for playing the sound of coins dropping on the floor so that people in the casino assume that a lot of people are winning, which would end up promoting a lot of people to keep gambling. This is just one of the many psychological tactics that casinos employee, to keep people inside.
- Did you know that the sandwich was actually invented in a casino? A chef made one by chance, because a customer required food that you could eat with one hand.